Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer the standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country. Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Director of Business Intelligence - San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
Business intelligence is a new team focused on leveraging Business Wire data for a variety of purposes, ranging from operational reporting to multi-dimensional views of customers, to uncovering new business capabilities. The team will be responsible for collecting, securing, and reporting on data that spans both internal business system as well as core product infrastructure.
About The Role
Reporting to the SVP of Engineering, the Director of Business Intelligence will define the enterprise data strategy for Business Wire which encompasses data collection architecture, data security and governance, and data reporting infrastructure. The role requires a leader who is fluent in both business and technology, and has proven record of managing full time employees and professional service staff.
What You’ll Do
- Build Business Wire’s first business intelligence team
- Design a team comprised of full time employees and professional services staff to accommodate elastic demand
- Establish data communities and drive consensus around metric standardization at Business Wire
- Build a professional and reliable data integration team to manage SaaS and on-premises product infrastructure data flows
- Run the BI program practice using a methodical approach that conveys to stakeholders what BI will deliver and by when
- Hold quarterly BI roadmap and business reviews which outline overall BI program health
- Drive integration platform, cloud data warehouse, and reporting tool standards
- Drive standards around master data management, data quality, and data stewardship
- Design data consumption models for various classes of users, including standard report consumers, power users, and potential advanced analytics and data science use cases.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business intelligence, or similar field
- At least 15 years of business intelligence or data engineering experience with at least five years of which in a managerial role
- Experience working within both internal IT and product-facing engineering departments
- Experience managing projects in hybrid waterfall/agile environments
- Ability to context switch between engineering and business projects
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.