Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer the standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country. Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Director of Program Management - San Francisco
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About the Team
The office of the CIO is an integral, business-focused team that turns strategic objectives into reality through a combination of business acumen and technical proficiency. As a new edition to the information technology family, the office of the PMO will help Business Wire organize its body of projects, programs, and strategic objectives in a holistic and methodically-managed fashion.
About the Role
Reporting to the CIO, the Director of Program Management will define the frameworks and cadence for enterprise performance management; specifically, strategic objectives and key result (OKR) management and project and program portfolio management (PPM).
What You’ll Do
- Build Business Wire’s first cross-functional portfolio of projects and programs
- Establish frameworks for managing Business Wire’s strategic projects and programs
- Directly manage a small team of project managers
- Assist enterprise architecture team with managing the enterprise roadmap
- Create resource and demand management views of Business Wire programs
- Operationalize the objectives and key results (OKR) framework at Business Wire
- Design the cadence and measurement framework for quarterly business reviews
- Help design enterprise metrics for the CEO, COO, and office of the CIO
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information systems, or similar field
- At least 12 years of experience leading large, enterprise-scale projects and programs
- Ideally certified in program management disciplines such as Certified Scrum Master, and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute
- Experience managing projects in hybrid waterfall/agile environments
- Ability to context switch between engineering and business projects
- A holistic approach to managing time, money, scope, and quality on multiple programs with complex interdependencies
- Medical, dental, vision benefits for you and your family
- 401 (k) and Roth contributions with company match
- Wellness allowance
- Education reimbursement
- Charitable matching gift program
- 4 weeks PTO
- Centrally located in downtown San Francisco, near BART, Muni, the ferry
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.