Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer the standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country. Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Newsroom Editor - Philadelphia, PA
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure services. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately distribute market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audiences.
About the Team
The editorial team is committed to creating and maintaining a collaborative and rewarding environment. The team is composed of diverse professionals committed to helping leading organizations disseminate news and information to a global audience. Thriving in a deadline-driven environment, we pride ourselves on our ability to distribute client content with speed, accuracy, efficiency and professionalism. We are looking for smart, passionate, creative and innovative people to join our team.
About the Role
Reporting to the newsroom supervisor, this candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of a leading global organization and work with colleagues and clients around the world. You will work with many clients from Fortune 1000 companies and be their resource related to press release best practices. Editors are expected to process press releases with precision while providing superior customer service.
The schedules available is:
Monday to Friday 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM EST
What You’ll Do
- Format and edit content written by our clients
- Work under deadlines to ensure accurate dissemination of clients’ press releases
- Monitor press releases to ensure successful delivery across intended platforms
- Act as an expert resource for client inquiries on Business Wire’s products and services
- Provide outstanding customer service
What You’ll Need
- Suggested bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or writing
- Excellent editing, proofreading and grammar skills
- Outstanding organization skills
- High level of integrity and personal responsibility
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, as needed
- Computer/technical literacy (MS Office), experience with Photoshop and HTML is a plus
- Medical, dental, vision benefits for you and your family
- 401 (k) and Roth contributions with company match
- Wellness allowance
- Education reimbursement
- Charitable matching gift program
- 3 weeks PTO
YOU MUST SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Please send all resumes and coverletters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.