Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Senior Financial Analyst - San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team:
The Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our company and be competitive in our marketplace. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
About The Role:
The Senior Financial Analyst will drive value with a focus on leading the Company’s annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes, as well as supporting a wide range of management reporting, strategic analysis and decision-making for the group.
This position must be a seen as a leader and business partner to senior executives within the organization, while also scaling the FP&A processes as we grow and face increasing business complexity.
What You’ll Do:
- You will partner with OpEx Department heads to drive analysis, reporting, and planning with a focus on expense management
- As a process building aficionado, you will develop FP&A processes and identify areas of potential operational improvements
- Own and deliver variance analysis for departments monthly/quarterly, with a deep understanding of accounting
- Establish and report metrics that drive decision-making at all leadership levels
- Ability to budget, forecast and maintain all three financial statements
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting
- Help to implement and maintain new financial planning tool.
- Actively support leadership group in the development of 1, 3 and 5-year strategic plans including developing forecast (cost/investments), market details, competitor analysis, pricing, go-to-market plans/investments and key infrastructure or investments (e.g. cloud-based solutions)
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of the strategies, business issues, risks and profitability opportunities related to the business
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of prior experience preparing and analyzing financial statements, preparing and analyzing budgets; new grads with internship or previous accounting/finance experience will also be considered
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting or another business-related field
- Experience partnering with senior leadership both in finance and cross-functionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to present complex analysis and recommendations clearly
- An aptitude for financial modeling, accounting and data analysis
- Experience in advanced Excel functions
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Business Intelligence a plus
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and SQL a plus
- Ability to focus on multiple things at once. Self-starter who can identity and solve business problems
To apply send resume to: email@example.com
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.