Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer the standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country. Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Senior Product Manager - San Francisco
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience. And we’re evolving - join us to help build next generation of business communication!
About The Team
The Product team is committed to delivering Business Wire’s next-generation business communication for enterprises, PR agencies that serve them, as well as to media publishers and influencers, who are at the heart of the value we provide. We pride ourselves on working as a collaborative, customer-focused team of empathetic influencers who listen, bring people together and build consensus out of ambiguity. We are looking for a passionate, creative Senior Product Manager to join our team.
About The Role
Business Wire is looking for a creative, talented, passionate Senior Product Manager to join the Product team to work on the next generation Communication platform. This role is for an empathetic, entrepreneurial leader and a devoted customer advocate. You will have an opportunity to make a direct impact and help shape how organizations and media influencers connect with their audiences.
What You’ll Do
- Champion our customers, identity customer pain points and new product opportunities, make decision on product features and functionality, solve challenging problems, influencing design and architecture, turning ideas into customer delight
- Own and drive the product vision for your area, while keeping it in alignment with Business Wire broader strategy and customer needs
- Bring people together and collaborate across the organization with design, engineering, marketing, sales, and customer support teams to drive clarity and alignment, build consensus, make decisions, help define, prioritize and push forward the product roadmap
- Dive into analytics and available data to define success KPIs, monitor progress, identify opportunities and unveil trends
- Research competitive products and industry trends
- Improve our processes; we are constantly learning and improving, and you make our product development process more effective
What You’ll Need
- 4+ year of Product Management
- Conceptualized, built and delivered successful B2B web and mobile application solutions
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated data-driven approach to strategic and tactical decisions
- Technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Experience with agile software development, continuous integration and continuous delivery and have shipped high quality products in fast pace environments
- BA/BS degree in a computer/information science field or comparable experience
- Prior work experience in public relations or related industry is a strong plus
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.