Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer the standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country. Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Technical Recruiter - San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
The People team is committed to creating an inspiring and rewarding place to work for all of the people who deliver Business Wire’s amazing client experience - from our newsroom team, to marketing, to tech talent to media relations. We pride ourselves on creating a fulfilling and collaborative environment where we solve big problems together. We’re looking for smart, passionate, creative and innovative people to join our team!
About The Role
Reporting to the Manager of Recruiting, the Technical Recruiter will work closely with internal stakeholders, and play a critical role in creating a seamless recruiting process to help Business Wire scale our engineering team.
What You’ll Do
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for our Mobile, SWE, Data Science or IT organizations ensuring a seamless, uniform and incredibly positive candidate experience
- Partner with internal clients to develop sourcing strategy for current and future needs
- Innovate on ways to build a talent pipeline and recruit in a variety of venues
- Build strong pipeline to source and connect with potential candidates
- Source candidates from relevant networks, online and internal databases, employee referrals and passive candidates through networking and research
- Work internally with hiring managers to understand positions and team needs
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring manager and any relevant stakeholders and working cross-functionally with legal, compensation/benefits, immigration, etc.
- Create job descriptions, role profiles, and offer packages based on the position and company requirements
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years technical recruiting experience, in-house and/or agency
- Specific experience managing technical pipelines (Mobile, SWE, Data Science or IT)
- Experience sourcing candidates through multiple creative channels (web/social/professional networks, etc.)
- Has built and maintains a broad network of tech talent
- Exposure to high-growth, fast-paced environments
- Experience building diverse teams
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with detailed, focused execution.
- Possess professional, interpersonal, and cultural skills to establish early and lasting trust, credibility, and rapport at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.