Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer the standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country. Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
VP Product Marketing - San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
Business Wires’ Marketing Organization is and extremely collaborative and innovative group. The team is a key driver of pipeline creation, customer acquisition, revenue generation and brand awareness. We are both creative and analytical, you’ll find us developing insights that guide product and go-to-market strategies or crafting compelling experiences that motivate our audiences. We love partnering with business wire teams across the company, and are deeply connected to Product and Sales
About The Role
Reporting to the CMO, the VP of Product Marketing is a highly visible, strategic role, that sits at the intersection of marketing, sales and product management, and is a champion in partnering with collaborative cross-functional teams. You will lead our go-to-market efforts through messaging, positioning, packaging, pricing, storytelling, and competitive insights for our marketing technology and servicing offerings. You will also be responsible for overseeing key deliverables including product launches, competitive analysis, and the creation of traditional product marketing tools.
What You’ll Do
- Build a global team focused on accelerating go-to-market clarity to further drive sales team confidence and revenue upside.
- Influence product roadmap with market intelligence and research, directly liaising with the product team
- Bring products to market with a plan that includes market research on the addressable market, pricing, and packaging.
- Develop and articulate compelling value propositions that are clear, differentiated and defensible.
- Understand the customer buying process in each market segment to properly target and maximize the impact of marketing efforts.
- Empower and accelerate content that produces value-add content about each solution for each priority persona, key channels and buying process stages.
- Understand our market and top competitors in order to deliver compelling messages that effectively position our offerings to win.
- Partner closely with the industry experts, analysts and PR teams to ensure effective thought leadership.
- Lead, coordinate, and work across the marketing, product management, and sales teams to execute product launches that highlight our innovations and drive demand.
- Lead sales enablement team. In the creation and delivery of materials for the sales team and partners, including sales training, presentation materials, solution briefs, FAQs, and battle cards that help drive solution adoption and create sales excitement & success.
- Lead by inspiring product marketing and others across the company. Develop team leads to operate at their greatest potential through best practices, processes and day-to-day coaching.
- Understand and measure user journey as well as pipeline dynamics.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or Executive education a plus
- 10+ years of technology product marketing and team management experience.
- People-focused leader with the ability to build and mentor talented, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to culture and overall business objectives.
- Experience with B2B Saas products and enterprises sales
- Proven ability to foster relationships with industry analysts
- Deep experience presenting to customers, partners and internally, to senior executives.
- Track record of thought leadership and category creation.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.