Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Global VP, Content, Corporate Communications & PR- San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
Business Wire's Marketing Organization is an extremely collaborative and innovative group. The team is a key driver of pipeline creation, customer acquisition, revenue generation and brand awareness. We are both creative and analytical, you’ll find us developing insights that guide product and go-to-market strategies or crafting compelling experiences that motivate our audiences. We love partnering with Business Wire teams across the company, and are deeply connected to Product and Sales
About The Role
Business Wire seeks a VP, Content, Corporate Communications & PR reporting to Business Wire’s CMO. This person is an experienced content strategist, business writer and relationship manager with a facility for delivering clear, fast, powerful content in a variety of formats, and a vision for how to connect key business themes and content channels to drive the most impact for Business Wire’s business. This VP will lead a creative and dynamic team to deliver Business Wire’s thought leadership and relevant content to drive demand for Business Wire’s products and enhance customer relationships. The goal will be to build a flexible, problem-solving team to support full funnel content delivery, including video. The Global VP, Content, Corporate Communications & PR will work closely with the VP of Demand Generation and Product Marketing along with partnering with senior leaders in sales and partners to ensure content and communications delivery is coordinated across the organization and aligned with the organization’s strategic, messaging and branding goals. Also, the The Global VP, Content, Corporate Communications & PR will work closely with outsourced PR team to ensure Business Wires brand is elevated is seen as the market leader.
What You’ll Do
- Drive Business Wire’s global content, communications, and PR Strategy that drives demand for Business Wire’s Products.
- Build and motivate a creative, dynamic content team to create compelling content for Business Wire’s global prospects and customers.
- Develop and execute a full funnel content strategy that truly serves the information needs of our audiences, delivering our content in rich, multimedia formats.
- Partner closely with VP of Demand Generations and Product Marketing, Sales and Partners to ensure content strategies are consistent with brand strategy and objectives and support audience goals.
- Partner with the management team, marketing, analytics, and sales to deliver innovative content that builds audience loyalty and help drive revenue.
- Design strategies that enable Business Wire’s core values to be communicated by leveraging top and emerging social and content platforms.
- Oversee all external communications and PR activities.
- Partner with Executive HR team on employee communications.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of global marketing leadership focused on content and communications.
- Experience in SaaS B2B enterprise environment.
- Outstanding content strategy, strategic writing, and editing experience.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage the market to develop best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content repurposing and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop structures and platforms to support a global content and communications vision.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee management and team structure to promote efficiency with best practice and thought leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop engaged and dynamic teams that foster respect and collaboration.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.