Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team:
The Web Development team is diverse, multi-skilled group working in a collaborative, supportive and flexible environment where individual contributions have serious impact. We work on exciting projects, use modern technologies and offer many cross-discipline opportunities and space for continuing education and personal growth. We use the Scrum development methodology to ensure developers work at a sustainable pace and have the support they need to do their jobs. We also know what it takes to balance busy family and work/commute schedules and we try to be flexible in this area.
About The Role:
Reporting to the Director of Web Systems Engineering, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for implementing, testing and supporting Business Wire’s web sites, client portals, APIs and web services. As a member of our Web Development team, you will partner with other engineers, business analysts, UI designers, and project managers to create applications for our interactive web site, news processing, syndication, and metrics reporting systems.
What You’ll Do:
• Design software applications based on specific or general business requirements
• Write, debug, test, and document software for the Business Wire websites, press release processing, metrics gathering and reporting systems, client portals, APIs and web services
• Collaborate with business analysts, users and UI designers to jointly develop complex, mission critical applications
• Provide operational development support to the website support team
• Understand and apply software design concepts like security, availability and scalability
• Provide accurate estimates of development time and aid in implementing business requirements for projects
• Work independently and suggest architecture and design improvements to existing applications
• Write Unit and Integration test and integrate them into the automated development pipeline
• Perform software and user QA testing on applications developed by BW, and partner development teams
• Come up with new ideas, solutions and technical improvements for web-based products and systems in order to increase revenue, cut costs, reduce time to market, and make our systems more flexible to business change
• Promote user experience test driven development
• Mentor and support junior team members
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a computer-related field
• 5 years of commercial application development experience
• Cloud-computing experience (AWS a plus)
• Experience with web development languages, standards, methodologies and concepts such as:
o Test Automation
o Agile and SCRUM
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and documentation skills
• Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
To apply send resume to: email@example.com
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.