Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Oracle EBS Database Administrator - San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
The Database Administration team is committed to creating an inspiring and rewarding place to build out and support the technology infrastructure for all the people who deliver Business Wire’s amazing client experience - from our newsroom team, to marketing, to tech talent to media relations. We pride ourselves on creating a fulfilling and collaborative environment where we solve big problems together. We’re looking for smart, passionate, creative and innovative people to join our team!
About The Role
Business Wire is hiring an Oracle EBS Database Administrator to join us in building and supporting our mission-critical database systems to provide the next level of service and availability in a 24x7 highly available environment. As a member of the DBA team, you will work closely with Developers, System Engineers, and Architects to provide solutions for our custom Java application stack and related systems. As the EBS DBA, you will be responsible for EBS management, patching, cloning, and ongoing performance tuning and incident response. A wide-range of technologies is used in conjunction with Oracle, including MySQL, Java, PHP, memcached, APEX, and scripting. Additional duties include supporting MySQL, developing protocol and procedures, and upgrades to the databases.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the lifecycle of Oracle 12c and Grid infrastructure
- Install, configure, and patch Oracle software—Grid Infrastructure, Database, Agent, and Client
- Install, configure, patch, and clone Oracle E-Business Suite
- Primary Skills: Oracle 12c RAC, Oracle E-Business Suite, AQ, Partitioning, Text, APEX, MySQL and PL/SQL
- Performance tuning and monitoring of Oracle EBS,Oracle and MySQL databases
- Configure, monitor, maintain and test backup and restore using RMAN
- Configure, monitor, maintain and test backup DataGuard failover/failback of databases
- Work with L1/L2 support teams to operationalize support of the database environments
- Monitor server performance and recommend hardware upgrades and optimizations
- Implement security best practices in conjunction with the Security team
- Schedule and perform routine maintenance, and develop and maintain runbooks
- Review application designs with developers, making recommendations for schema changes
- Develop comprehensive monitoring and alerting to ensure proactive responses to issues
- Evaluate new hardware, products and technology, and make recommendations
- Work with development team to automate deployment and the release lifecycle
- Configure Oracle Networking (TNS)
- Participate in 24x7 On Call duty rotation
- Keep documentation up to date
- Demonstrate reliability through prompt response, good attendance and punctuality
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of hands-on Oracle database experience in a 24x7 environment
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle E-Business Suite
- 1+ years Oracle WebLogic experience
- Experience with upgrades, patch management and cloning
- Experience in an environment with custom software development
- Experience with automated database deployment using Jenkins, Ansible, or other automation tools
- Experience with MySQL is preferred
- Understanding of Unix operating systems
- Ability to write scripts in one or more languages (Bash, PL/SQL, python, etc.)
- Self-motivated, eager to learn tangential skills
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse group of people
- Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic and Splunk
- Excellent time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and have problem-solving and researching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a variety of people
To apply send resume to: email@example.com
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.