Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Regional Sales Manager - Tokyo, Japan
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About the Team
The Sales team is committed to delivering innovative product solutions that benefit our clients and enhance the communications industry. We are thoughtful, motivated, creative, and strategic individuals who thrive on friendly competition and solving tough challenges. We ask inquisitive questions to uncover clients’ needs and love sharing our deep knowledge of industry trends and best practices. We win new opportunities, and pride ourselves in building and maintaining successful, long-lasting client relationships.
About the Role
As Japan’s Sales Director, you will be responsible for maintaining our current client base and generating new revenue from new client acquisition as well as managing our Japan office. You will need to utilize your B2B sales experience and skills related to strategic analysis and marketing. You will also be responsible for selling our products by developing and implementing a national sales plan in addition to providing guidance to our Japan team. Reporting to the General Manager of APAC, your main deliverable is to drive strategic vision and ensure that Japan’s growth and success falls in line with Business Wire’s overall global sales strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies and analyzing trends and results
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for Japan in addition to projecting expected sales volume and profit for new and existing products
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply & demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Complete national office/sales operational requirements by overseeing employees and their duties in Japan
- Manage multi-functional teams’ staffing plans by recruiting, selecting, and training employees with support from functional local supervisors
- Analyze and elevate team performance by coaching, planning, monitoring, and appraising results
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending conferences, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional industry societies
- Effectively lead Business Wire Japan to success in this next chapter of growth
What You’ll Need
- BA/BS degree, or international equivalent, preferred
- 10+ years outside sales experience (w/ 6+ years in Management and/or Business Development)
- Experience selling within public relations, investor relations, marketing, media and/or financial markets preferred
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding sales goals by managing all stages of the sales cycle including prospecting, needs analysis, presentation, proposal, negotiation and closing
- Superior team management, coaching, people development, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and develop and maintain professional relationships with prospects, clients and colleagues which are based on mutual respect and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Exceptional time management skills displaying ability to manage multiple tasks with strict attention to detail
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.