Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer the standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country. Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Manager, People & Culture HR Business Partner - San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
The People team is committed to creating an inspiring and rewarding place to work for all of the people who deliver Business Wire’s amazing client experience - from our newsroom team, to marketing, to tech talent to media relations. We pride ourselves on creating a fulfilling and collaborative environment where we solve big problems together. We’re looking for smart, passionate, creative and innovative people to join our team!
About The Role
Reporting to the VP of People, the Manager, People & Culture HR Business Partner will align business objectives with organizational and talent needs. Provide strategic support to senior leaders, managers and employees in our Global organization. The Manager, People & Culture HR Business Partner will understand the business needs and overall strategy & goals, culture, and competition. This individual will strongly collaborate with Centers of Excellence (COEs) to deliver value added service and support to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The ideal candidate will be passionate and have a sense of urgency for execution as well as a natural curiosity and willingness to take risks, and have an ability to creatively problem solve and look at People & Culture in new and innovative ways.
What You’ll Do
- Partners with leaders to drive a high performing culture
- Provide guidance and input on talent management, workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities
- Roll out corporate-wide P&C initiatives to client groups
- Partner with P&C Centers of Excellence to support business needs in areas such as learning and development, compensation and employee engagement; manage all employment-related processes
- Improve manager capability through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities
- Provide expert coaching and advice to managers and employees
- Assist in resolving complex employee relations issues through coaching employees and managers
- Design and apply change management and Organizational Development strategies that influence and assist organizational change in support of business strategies
- Facilitate leadership sessions/workshops with the business units intending to solve for potential challenges or bring awareness to opportunities
- Assist in driving analytics, project planning and organization in the following areas: organizational change management, workforce planning, organizational planning and talent planning
- Analyzes trends and metrics, and collaborates with P&C functional experts to develop solutions, make recommendations, and develop programs
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; PHR a plus
- 8 years previous experience and proven results within People & Culture in a fast paced, high tech or creative environment
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Coaching and ability to influence leaders
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees
- High level of initiative and responsiveness with a drive to and quickly resolve problems
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to accomplish demanding timeline objectives, multi-task on assignments
- Must be able to work at all levels- strategic, operational and tactical
- Strong facilitation skills
- Previous experience supporting off-site client groups
- Travel: approximately 20%.
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match
- Wellness budget
- Education budget
- 4 weeks PTO
- Centrally located in downtown San Francisco, near BART, Muni, the ferry
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.