Working at Business Wire
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning! Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer the standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country. Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Senior Integration Engineer - San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
The Engineering team is committed to creating forward-thinking solutions that enable business growth and rapid ideation. We embrace agile processes and individual empowerment and believe in mentoring team members to achieve career aspirations. We are seeking passionate individuals to join our collaborative team environment on our journey towards loosely coupled systems using a cloud-first, API-driven paradigm.
About The Role
The Senior Integration Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, testing and supporting integrations within the Business Wire enterprise. This position will work closely with the System Architect, Business Analyst, Business stakeholders and others to provide seamless and robust integrations to increase efficiency and accuracy with users of the applications. As a Senior Engineer, you will actively lead the team to identify and improve legacy systems and stale processes and propose new technologies and integrations.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with business partners to develop robust and seamless applications
- Perform analysis for integrations to include risk, cost, concept, design, test, deployment, operation and maintenance
- Apply intensive and diverse knowledge to resolve complex design issues
- Ensure security protocols are enforced
- Provide recommendations on tools and methodologies
- Produce detailed technical and user documentation
- Ensure adherence to organizational policies and Technology Change Management procedures
- Coach and/or provide mentorship
What You’ll Need
- 5-8 years of professional software development experience
- A four year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience implementing integration solutions with ERP systems
- Experience developing web services and/or APIs
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Excellent process design and re-design skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with detailed, focused execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to the following technologies:
- J2EE (EJB, Servlet, JSP)
- RESTful and/or SOAP
- SAML, Oauth and similar protocols
- Oracle RDBMS
- High Availability
- XSL, XSLT and associated tools
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.